INTERNAL ADVERTISEMENT- REGISTRAR (PLANNING AND STRATEGY)
Kenyatta University Council wishes to invite applications from eminent individuals who are suitably qualified with outstanding academic credentials and relevant administrative experience for the position of Registrar (Planning and Strategy);
Key Qualifications & Experience:
- Be a holder of an earned Ph.D. degree or equivalent from a reputable University.
- Candidates with training in Project Planning, Economics, Strategic Management and Business Management will have added advantage.
- Must be at least a Senior Lecturer or equivalent.
- Applicants should have at least five (5) years proven administrative work experience at a senior level, in a reputable institution of higher learning or have at least five (5) years industry experience with strong ability and knowledge in strategic planning and implimentation. .
- Have knowledge and skills in planning, developing and implementing strategic plans.
Duties and Responsibilities:
While reporting to Vice Chancellor;
- Spearhead development of the University’s strategic plan and the regular review of the same so as to guide in determination of the long term goals of the University.
- Participate in the development of the University’s master plan so as to offer guidance towards achievement of the University’s strategic direction.
- Develop and continually co-ordinate customer satisfaction and service delivery standards so as to ensure continued achievement of desired organizational goals..
- Spearhead formulation of an organizational framework for planning and administration of Income Generating Activities (IGAs) to gurantee their profitability
- Generate periodic comparative data on institutional performance in relation to other similar institutions so as to guide in benchmarking of best practices.
- In collaboration with other members of Management Board, participate in development of long term and short term policies to govern the strategic operations of the various units of the University .
- Organize the periodic review of all relevant policies so as to enhance continuous improvement in service delivery within the University.
- Give contribution to the development of annual budgets, for use on strategic objectives for the University.
TERMS OF SERVICE:
The terms of Service for this position is Four (4) year renewable contract subject to satisfactory performance.
A competitive remuneration package which includes basic salary, generous house allowance, medical cover as per University Scheme, Leave allowance and Official transport will be provided.
Applicants should submit certificates and testimonials by writing directly to:
Deputy Vice-Chancellor (Administration)
P. O. BOX 43844 – 00100
To be received not later than,
28th January 2020
Kenyatta University is an equal opportunity employer and canvassing will lead to automatic disqualification.
Women and Persons with Disability are encouraged to apply.
Only successful candidates will be contacted
PROF. FATUMA CHEGE
DEPUTY VICE CHANCELLOR (ADMINISTRATION)
Cc. Vice Chancellor
Deputy Vice Chancellors
>>>Download the Advert with full description<<<