Location : ACTIL- Nairobi - Kenya
Application Deadline : 20th –March 2020
Type of Contract : Individual Contract
Post Level : National Consultant
Languages Required : English
Timeline: 1st April- 30th June 2020
Duration of the Contract : 3 Months
The Africa Centre for Transformative and Inclusive Leadership (ACTIL) was established in 2013 by UN Women ESARO, in partnership with Kenyatta University, and officially launched in February 2014. Since inception we developed and continue to develop strategic and transformational leadership capacities of current and emerging African national leaders, with a special focus on women and youth,with great success stories as proof.
The Center approaches training through various methodologies, to enhance the learning experience,while remaining flexible to client demands. These include: tutorials, individual mentoring and experiential learning from notable leaders and practitioners, lectures, case studies among others.
The Centre is now implementing the Strategic Plan 2017-2022. It is in this regard that we developed the ACTIL Knowledge Hub which is an electronic knowledge management platform which connects practitioners, scholars and alumni, permits sharing of post training experiences and best practices, and invites current and aspiring leaders to engage. The Knowledge Hub has four main portals;
ACTIL community of practice-this is a social media network application. Its functions and features include; Community features-This includes forums and pictures, members profile and liking and sharing and Social media integration-This include seamless sharing to social media e.g facebook,twitter,linkeldin and google.
Gender and election center-This is a portal that manages election resources and news. It is collection of resources in Africa giving the spotlight to dimensions of gender. It consists of a knowledge library and news and analyses on leadership and election across Africa. Its functions and features include;Information upload from excel. The information required to be displayed in the website is either uploaded or typed depending on ones’ preference. It has a news group that will display news release,opinion polls among other news.
ACTIL mentorship and coaching portal; This is used to manage mentors and mentees and their
resources. The goal of our mentorship is to make our ALUMNI the best they can be. They gain
valuable insights by connecting with like-minded people nationally, regionally and globally with unique access to great access to leadership experience. Participant tracking-monitors application and tracks mentor/mentee progress. Both mentors and mentees also gain access to ACTIL Online Mentorship Training.
ACTIL Courses; this portal shows the courses offered and ACTIL.
ACTIL, in partnership with UN Women, now seeks the services of a consultant to support in the management of the Knowledge Hub and ensure proper functionality of all the four portals mentioned above.
Duties and Responsibilities
The main task under the consultancy will be to manage the Knowledge Hub and ensure proper
functionality of all portals.
Under the direct supervision of ACTIL Director the consultant will undertake the following tasks.
- Work proactively with programme and project teams to identify opportunities for capturing and sharing knowledge, and disseminating information about major progress and results.
- Ensure all portals of ACTIL Knowledge Hub are updated, secure and functional
- Upload all online learning materials on ACTIL Hub and ensure that users can easily accessthem.
- Upload content for Online Mentoring and provide technical support as needed
- Create security measures on access of ACTIL Documents and online learning materials.
- Increase learning between ACTIL Alumni, facilitators, mentors and other stakeholders.Enable use of videos, webminars etc.
- Maintain and produce original content for online outreach platforms and social media channels, website, blogs, Facebook account/groups and Twitter
- Consolidate and develop the process documentation of the project and development of knowledge/communication materials for targeted users/audiences
- Train ACTIL ICT officers on the functionality of the Knowledge Hub
- Submit monthly reports on the outcomes as well as a final report
Compliance with UN & ACTIL Core Values
- Personal commitment, ability to work independently, and capacity to work effectively and harmoniously with persons from varied cultures and professional backgrounds.
- Demonstrate integrity and fairness
- Respect for UN Women’s and ACTIL’s mission, vision, values and strategic goals;
- Displays cultural, gender, religion, race, nationality and age sensitivity and adaptability;
Required Skills and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in relevant area of expertise with additional qualifications in any of the following areas: ICT, Communications, Knowledge management, Business etc
Experience and skills
- A proven track record of more than 3 years in designing, developing ICT Products,Knowledge management hubs, E-Learning platforms, web design, and social media platforms.
- Hands on experience in Knowledge management
- Experience working with training institutions, civil societies and other organizations particularly those that are keen on knowledge management and E- Learning will be an added advantage.
- Ability to establish and maintain productive relationships with partners and other stakeholder’s and willing to go beyond the required parameters to ensure quality product.
- Demonstrated ability to produce well written, well organized and structured high-quality reports is essential.
- Knowledge of the Africa region, political, social and economic context.
Language and other skills:
- Excellent knowledge of written and oral communication in English
- Computer skills: full command of Microsoft applications (word, excel, PowerPoint).
Submission of Application
Interested consultants with the required qualifications and experience to undertake the assignment
of business, 5:00pm, Friday 20th March 2020