Dr. Jane Wairimu Mwangi
Qualification: PhD( Adapted Physical Education and Sports
Home: P O Box 11442 Post Code 00100 Nairobi, Kenya.
Tel; Office; +254-02-810901 Ext. 3166 Cell Phone; +254721354297
Areas of Specialization: Adapted Physical Education and Sports Studies,Motor Development and Learning, Physical Activity and Exercise for Special Populations. Legal and Ethical Issues in Sports and Recreation
SHORT COURSES, SEMINARS AND WORKSHOPS
- April2014 e-learning training at Kenyatta University
- August 2018 Kenyatta University. Training on Information Management System
- May 2018 Kenyatta University Directorate of Quality Management Systems Training on Risk management
- June 2013:Kenyatta University Directorate of Grant Writing and Management Training on Grant Writing.
- May 2013:Kenyatta University AIDS Control Unit Trainers of Trainers Seminar Training at Kenyatta University
- April 2013 Kenyatta University, Department of Recreation Management & Sport Science Workshop on Post Graduate Curriculum Review
- Feb 2013 South Korea Global Development Summit & Scholars Delegation Seminar Pyongchang 2013 Winter Games
- November 2012 Kenyatta University Capacity Development Training Workshop on Setting and Moderation of Exams
- October 2012 Washington D.C Special Olympics International, Evaluation of Young athletes programme working meeting
- May 2011 Kenyatta University IPC Scientific Committee Workshops on Disability Sports
CONFERENCE PRSENTATIONS, PUBLICATIONS AND RESEARCH
- Regina Akuffo Darko, Jane Mwangi, Lucy Joy Wachira(2021):Inclusive Physical Education During the University Preparation Programme in Ghana: Bridging the Gap Between Theory and Practice: African Journal of Teacher Education Vol 10(1),(2021): https://journal.lib.uoguelph.ca/index.php/ajote/index
- Mwangi.J.W Andanje Mwisukha and Peter W. Bukhala (2020):Motor Abilities of Children with Intellectual Disability Participating in Organized Physical Activity Programme in Nairobi County, Kenya International Journal of Sports Science p-ISSN: 2169-8759 e-ISSN: 2169-8791 2020; 10(3): 62-67 doi: 10.5923/j.sports.20201003.02
- Jane W. Mwangi. Peter W. Bukhala, Andanje Mwisukha(2017): Psychosocial Benefits of Parental Involvement in Organized Physical Activity for Children with Intellectual Disability. Institut de Recherche pour le Development, France
- 21st – 23rd Sep 2016:Attended conference on Physical Activity and Sports for Health and Development in Africa at Kenyatta University: Presented a paper on ‘Physical benefits to Children with Disabilities in organized physical activity programme’
- Favazza, Paddy C.; Siperstein, Gary N.; Ghio, Kathleen; Wairimu, Jane; Masila, Susan (2016) The Young Athletes Curriculum: Impact on Children with Disabilities in Kenya Journal of Research in Childhood Education, v30 n1 p113-127
- Date29th June-1st July 2015 The 1st East African Athletics & Social Sciences Conference in Addis Ababa: presented a paper on ‘Psycho-Social Benefits to Parents Involvement in Organized Physical Activities for Children with Intellectual Disabilities in Nairobi County, Kenya’
- April 10th -13th 2014 Developing Children with Disabilities and Families in the Developing World: The Young Athletes Experience, Vancouver Canada.
- 27th Nov to 5th Dec 2013 Research assistant for the IPC Athletics Classification Research Project,,Moi Stadium, Nairobi
- May 28th 2013 The Role of Physical Activity and Sports in Nation Building presented to National Intelligence Security Service trainees.
- March 27th 2013 Exercise Considerations for Person with Disabilities to the Parliament health Club Instructors at Kenyatta University Conference Centre
- Feb 2013 Empowering Parents of Children with Disabilities at the Scholars Delegation Meeting in Pyong-chang , South Korea
- Jan to Feb 2013 Conducted a successful Research on an Evaluation of Young Athletes Expansion Program as a University Partner with the university of Massachusset, Boston
- May 2012 Facilitated a topic on ‘Publication Relations to the Health Services Providers’ at Kenyatta University.
Presented concept paper on ‘Evaluation of Parental Involvement in Acquisition of Sports Skills of their Young Children with Disabilities’ at the IPC Disability Workshop , Kenyatta University.
Facilitated ‘Benefits of Empowering Parents of Children with Disability through Sports at the Special Olympics National Parents Conference’ at YMCA , Nairobi
- March 2012 Facilitated on ‘Role of Exercise in Stress Management presented to Peer Counselors at the Christ the Teacher Church Kenyatta University
- 16th-21st Oct. 2013 Presented a paper on Volunteering in Disability Sports; A case of Kenyatta University during the East African Pre – Games Symposium, at Kenyatta University
- Bukhala, PW, Onywera, VO, Mwangi , FM & Mwangi, J.W(2012) Assessment of Physical Fitness Levels among Children with Intellectual Disabilities in Nairobi Count, Kenya presented at the 2012 Pre- Olympics Games Scientific Convention, the International Convention on Science, Education & Medicine in Sport held in Glasgow , United Kingdom.
FUNDED RESEARCH ACTIVITIES.
- Jane Mwangi, Edna Thangu Susan Masila and Martin Kavua (2019-2020) :Special Olympics Global Evaluation of Impact of Unified Schools Programmmes - Kenya. Funded by Special Olympic International ( 10589 USDollars)
- Favazza Paddy,Jane Mwangi and Susan Masila: Impact of Young Athletes Programmes- Kenya, Funded by Special Olympics International