Ngetsa, C J., Heymann, M W., Thiong'o,A., Wahome, E., Mwambi, J., Karani,C., Menza,N C., Mwashigadi, G., Muturi, M W., Graham, S M., Mugo, P., Sanders E. Rectal gonorrhoea and chlamydia among men who have sex with men in coastal Kenya [version 3; peer review: 1 approved, 1 approved with reservations]. Wellcome Open Res 2020, 4:79 https://doi.org/10.12688/wellcomeopenres.15217.3
- CJ Ngetsa MW Heymann, A Thiong'o, E Wahome, J Mwambi, C Karani, NC. Menza, G Mwashigadi, MW Muturi, SM Graham, PMugo, Sanders (2019) Rectal gonorrhoea and chlamydia among men who have sex with men in coastal Kenya (Welcome Trust Open Research under review).
- F Karlsen, MW Muturi, C Muyabwa, LE Roseng, S Bigabwa, B Chihongola, L Muchiri (2018) The potential of RNA as a target for national screening of pre-cancer. Journal of Public Health in Africa 2018; volume 9:866
- MC Nelson, MW Muturi (2018) Occurrence of Aflatoxigenic Aspergillus Species in Peanut Varieties in Busia and Kisii Central Districts, Kenya Open Journal of Medical Microbiology 8 (4), 98-108
- M Walekhwa, M Muturi, EKR Gunturu, B Kabera (2018) Streptococcus pneumoniae serotype epidemiology among PCV-10 vaccinated and unvaccinated children at Gertrude’s Children’s Hospital, Nairobi County: a cross-sectional study. F1000Research
- EU Kenya, NP Njiruh, W Njoki, C Gitonga, M Muturi, M King’endo (2017) Proceedings from 10th Annual Decolonizing Conference, - repository.embuni.ac.ke
- JC Ngala, MW Muturi, CM Mbogo, MK Rono (2018) Spatial and Temporal Distribution of Aedes Species and Their Infection Status by Dengue and Chikungunya Viruses along the Coastline of Kenya. Journal of Mosquito Research, 2018, Vol. 8, No. 5
- Mangare, NE, Muturi, MW and Gachara, G. (2018) Seroprevalence of cytomegalovirus Infection and Associated Risk Factors among Human Immunodeficiency Virus Infected Patients Attending Thika Level 5 Hospital, Kenya. Open Journal of Immunology, 8, 1-12. https://doi.org/10.4236/oji.2018.8100.
- Onyambu MO, Kahiga T, Muturi M, Nyamari JM. (2018) Phenotypic and Molecular Characterization of Pathogenic Bacteria Isolated from Commercialised Herbal Products in Kenya. Int J Pharmacogn Chinese Med 2018, 2(2): 000132.
- MC Nelson, MW Margaret, L Kamau (2017) Occurrence of Aflatoxigenic Aspergillus Species in Various Varieties of Peanuts Produced in Western Kenya
- Kanyina EW, Kamau L and Muturi M. (2017) Cervical precancerous changes and selected cervical microbial infections, Kiambu County, Kenya, 2014: a cross sectional study, BMC Infectious Diseases (2017) 17:647 DOI 10.1186/s12879-017-2747-4.
- Menza N, Wanyoike W, Muturi M. (2013) Identification and Susceptibility Profile of vaginal Candida species to Antifungal agents among pregnant women attending the antenatal clinic of Thika District Hospital, Kenya. Open Journal of Medical Microbiology, 2013, 3, 239-247 Published Online December 2013 (http://www.scirp.org/journal/ojmm) http://dx.doi.org/10.4236/ojmm.2013.34036
- Menza N, Wanyoike W, Muturi M. (2013) Prevalence of Vaginal candidiasis and determination of the occurrence of candida species in pregnant women attending the antenatal clinic of Thika District Hospital, Kenya. Open journal of medical microbiology, 2013, 3, 264-272 Published Online December 2013 (http://www.scirp.org/journal/ojmm) http://dx.doi.org/10.4236/ojmm.2013.34040
- A member of the organizing committee of the 6th International conference for women in science without Borders (WISWB) being hosted by the University of Embu from November 3rd to 5th 2021. This from August 2020.
26th - 27th June 2019, UK-Kenya Synthetic Biology Workshop, Imperial College London, 170 Queen’s Gate, Imperial College London Presented a paper titled “Synthetic Biology Teaching and Training in Kenya”.
- 16th May 2018 Eighth Meeting of The Open-Ended Working Group for The Preparation of The Fourth Review Conference (OEWG-RC) of CWC on 16 May 2018, The Hague, The Netherlands. “What should the Fourth Review Conference seek to address as a matter of priority? What should be the priority areas for the OPCW in the next five years and why?
- 31st Nov to 4th December 2015, The 20th conference of states parties held in The Hague, The Netherlands.
- 25- 26, February 2014, Identification of effective practices to implement UNSCR 1540: next steps New Delhi, India http://www.idsa.in/system/files/UNSCR1540_mmuturi.pdf
- 6th to 9th Dec, 2011, ‘Kenya country report’ The seminar of BioWeapons Prevention Project (BWPP) Geneva Switzerland
- 28th November to 2nd Dec, 2011 ‘The future of OPCW in Africa’. The 16th conference of states parties to held in The Hague, The Netherlands.
- 11th -12th, April 2011, Seminar on the OPCW’s Contribution to Security and the Non-proliferation of Chemical Weapons, The Hague, The Netherlands.
- December 2011 Participation of Rev Con Discussions for Civil society preparations for the 7th BWC Review Conference 2011 at www.bwpp.org/revcon reporting requirements.html
Interdisciplinary Research NRF Proposal call 2018/2019FY Developing low-cost diagnostic tools and biosensors for rapid detection of crop and human pathogens in Kenya., Margaret Karembu, Benson Mburu, Margaret Muturi, Douglas Miano, Joshua Kimani K.sh. 19,965000.
Interdisciplinary Research NRF Proposal call 2016/2017FY Investigation of platelet activaton in relation to procoagulant biomakers in hiv associated ischaemic stroke patients in Kenya. Dr. Gordon Ogweno, Dr. Joseph MD Maina, Margaret Muturi, Peter Waweru, Joshua Nyagol, Dr. Enoch Omonge, and Dr. Jackline Andhoga K.sh. 8Million.
2015-2016: National, Science, Technology and Innovation Research grant NACOSTI/RCD//ST&I 6th CALL PhD/086: Determination of HPV variants associated with cervical intraepithelial neoplasia among HIV positive women in Eastern Kenya. Njue Kinoti James, Margaret Muturi. Ksh 1,165,665.
2014-2015: Science, Technology and Innovation Research grant NACOSTI/RCD//ST&I 5th CALL Ms.c/171: Determination of prostate cancer prevalence, cytokine profile and PSA levels in prostate cancer patients at KNH. Liza Kiende (Student) Margaret Muturi and Minda Okemwa Ksh. 199700.
2012-2013: National Council for Science and Technology NCST/ST&I/RCD/4th CALL MSc/036: Morbidity Assessment and characterization of Flea species responsible for Tungiasis in Kisumu County, Kenya. Andrew Aballa (MSc student), Margaret Muturi, Ngethe Muhoho, and Peter S. Odada. Ksh 199,862.
2011 – 2012: World Health Organization, GAR Grant No.200370707: An Audit and Assessment of Research & Diagnostic Laboratories in Nairobi and its surroundings. Margaret Muturi and Eucharia Kenya. USD 31,731.